The Rock Block is a free, weekly, two-hour rock show presented by Ian Davies.
The show features rock music in most forms – classic rock, prog rock, punk rock, glam rock and the special category ‘rock which may not even be rock’.
It is a fast-paced show, concentrating on the music, with the right level of vocal links to provide personality.
The Rock Block is totally generic:
- No references to what’s in the news
- No references to the weather or seasons
- No references to the time of day or days of the week
- No mentions of ‘new releases’ or ‘current charts’ – making the Rock Block timeless
- No sponsorship
- Suitable for broadcast at any time day or night on any English-speaking station licensed to play music – FM, DAB and/or online
- Can be played in any order (e.g. Show 3 first, then Show 2 for example or played in chronological order of release)
The Rock Block is supplied as 4 x 29 mins files – 58 mins per hour, allowing time for ads, news or promos.
Please note: For stations who don’t run ads, sweepers, etc during shows, I have now added a 1 x 120 mins file option, with the last track suitable for fading early for station branding, promo, etc.
Each show is released on a Tuesday morning (UK time) and can be supplied to stations by WeTransfer, Dropbox, Google Drive, My Cloud, FTP – whichever method is preferred.
As of 15th August 2022 46 radio stations sprinkled across four continents are broadcasting The Rock Block.
Here’s what these station owners have to say about The Rock Block
“I can say it’s by far the most well produced classic rock show I’ve ever listened to.”
Casey Maxwell, CEO, 106.5 WDNR (Norfolk, Virginia, USA)
“The Rock Block is awesome and I really appreciate you being a part of our station..”
Doug Newton, Owner, Rider Radio Rocks (Ontario, Canada)
“Your show is one of the most popular on KLR24 so I would like to say thank you!”
Tyler Lewis, Owner (KLR24, Kings Lynn, England)
Please get in touch if you would like The Rock Block for your station. Click on ‘Contact Owner’ in the listing owner panel or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for reading. 🙂
Additional Show Details
|Show Duration||2 Hours|